- Calories: 328.6
- Fat: 20.2g
- Carbohydrates: 16.8g
- Protein: 21.2g
- 1 pound organic eggplant (peeled and cut in 1/4″ slices)
- 1 pound organic zucchini (cut length wise in 1/4″ slices)
- 1 pound grass fed ground beef (browned)
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 28 oz jar of organic tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 15 oz container organic ricotta cheese
- 1 organic egg
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 cup of grass fed cheese of choice (for top of lasagna)
- Brown the meat. Add salt and pepper to taste and 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning. Drain and set aside.
- In another bowl combine ricotta cheese, egg, garlic powder and parsley. Mix well set aside.
- On the bottom of a 9×13″ pan, add 1/2 cup of sauce.
- Layer 1/3 of eggplant, 1/3 of zucchini.
- Place 1/3 of ricotta mixture over vegetables.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of parmesan cheese.
- Add 1/3 of meat, and pour 1/2 cup tomato sauce over this layer.
- Repeat this 3 times.
- When you get to the top, add your 1 cup of raw cheese of choice.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour – 1hour 15 min.
- Remove the foil the last 5 minutes to brown the cheese.
- Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
Serving Size: makes 12 pieces Serving size is 1 piece
Note: All of the ingredients in this recipe are organic.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Whole Lifestyle Nutrition is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.