First of all, Congratulations on taking the 30 day challenge! Wow, you have just completed the first week! Great job! You will be amazed how tone and fit you will get just by incorporating weights into your exercise routine and eating right for your metabolic type! If you missed day 1, no worries! For past workouts go to the top of this page and click on the “Coaching” tab and there will be a “Free 30 Day Dumbbell Challenge” tab. Click on that for all past workouts. It is important to start at the beginning of this challenge and work your way through the program how it is laid out.
Here is the first workout and the start of this program!
So here is how this challenge is going to work:
- This challenge can be started at anytime. Always start with day 1, day 2, day3…day 30 and so on. Once you start the challenge, continue on it for 30 consecutive days.
- For your next 30 days, I have pre done daily posts with the exercises that you need to do for your specific day.
- A library of workouts can be found under the “coaching” tab at the top of this website under “Free 30 Day Dumbbell Challenge.”
- I will include an animated image (courtesy of an amazing free site, dumbbell-exercises.com & ball-exercises.com) showing you how to do the exercise.
- The only equipment needed is an exercise ball and dumbbells.
- You will get 7 workouts a week showing you how to do the exercises (one workout will be a light workout or rest day.)
- So if I work your chest and arms, then I will not work them the next few days and so forth. I will work different muscles throughout this program.
- Support can be found at any time in the posts below the animated exercises in the comment section that reads “Join The Conversation.” Every comment will be answered. Share your support, successes, challenges, questions, and feedback in this section.
- Incorporate this exercise program into your daily exercise routine and you will be amazed how tone and fit you can get in 30 days!
- Don’t have an exercise routine? Start out with this 30 day challenge and you will see results!
- Once your 30 Day Dumbbell Challenge is done, challenge yourself again for another 30 days but increase your weights to intensify your workouts!
Before You Get Started
You Can Complete This Challenge!
Remember, I will have a section under the “Coaching” tab called “Free 30 Day Dumbbell Challenge” where you can go back and view past workouts. Please note in these pictures you will see a workout bench. You do not have to use a workout bench if you do not have one. Most of these exercises can be done right on your exercise ball. I use my ball as a bench, and a chair. No expensive equipment needed. How easy is that? Follow the chart below with the number of sets and reps that you should do. Take your time doing these exercises and don’t rush through them. Always keep good form and as always, listen to your bodies language. If you feel pain, stop. I do these exercises in circuit format. Here is an example of how I completed my workout.
DAY 7 (Light Day ~ Stretching)
There are no circuits, sets or reps today. Today we are focusing on stretching the muscles we have worked out all week! There are a few things I want to mention here. The images that are displayed for todays workout are provided by an amazing free website stretch-exercises.com! There will be a lot more exercises in todays workout but you are not doing these in reps or sets, you are simply stretching the muscle and holding the stretch for 5-10 seconds and then you move onto the next exercise. This routine shouldn’t take you any longer than 20 minutes. Enjoy this workout! It should feel good to stretch these muscles.
Exercises For Day 7
- Stand up with your back straight and tilt your head down towards your chest.
- Tilt your head back to its starting position after a short pause.
- Be careful not to tilt your head back too far.
- Stand up with your back straight and rotate your head to the left.
- Rotate your head back and continue on to the right side.
- Chain together these steps to accomplish fluid and smooth movements.
- Stand up and grab your right elbow up on the side of your head using your left hand.
- Stretch by pulling your elbow towards the back of your head and hold for several seconds before moving on the other side.
- This exercise will stretch your shoulder and triceps muscles.
- Stand up and grab your right elbow in front of your chest using your left hand.
- Stretch by pulling your elbow towards your chest for several seconds and alternate sides when done.
- This exercise will stretch your shoulder muscles.
- Stand up and extend your arms out to each side.
- Swing your arms in and out while keeping them straight throughout.
- This exercise will stretch your shoulders and chest muscles alternately.
- Lie down on your left knee, your right leg fully extended out back and place your hands on top of the exercise ball in front of you.
- Stretch by pushing yourself down while keeping your hands on top of the exercise ball. Alternate sides after several seconds.
- This exercise will stretch your shoulder muscles as well as the muscles located in your thighs.
- Stand in front of a wall and hold the exercise ball with your left hand up high.
- Stretch by extending your body and pulling yourself down towards the wall.
- This exercise will stretch your chest muscles primarily.
- Lie on your back on the exercise ball.
- Stretch by extending your arms and legs fully.
- This exercise stretches your abdominal muscles as well as your chest muscles.
- Sit down on the floor, left leg extended to its side, right leg folded in front of you.
- Stretch by raising your arms straight up and tilting your upper body towards your left leg. Alternate sides.
- This exercise stretches the muscles located in your legs and in your back.
- Sit down on the floor, back straight, legs in front of you wide from each other with your knees bent in front of your chest.
- Stretch by tilting your upper body forward.
- This exercise will stretch your lower back.
- Lie on your back on the floor and extend your legs down and your arms up.
- Stretch by trying to make yourself taller, by pulling/pushing your feet and hands away from each other.
- This exercise stretches your entire body.
- Spread your legs apart from one another and move your weight on your left leg, flexing your left knee while keeping your right leg fully extended.
- Stretch by lowering yourself down and hold the stretch position for several seconds before switching legs.
- This exercise will stretch your inner thigh muscles primarily.
- Stand on your right leg and hold your left foot with your left hand behind your buttocks.
- Stretch by pulling on your foot and hold for several seconds before changing sides.
- This exercise is excellent at stretching your quadriceps, located in front of your thighs.
- Stand in front of the wall, put your hands on it, and extend your right leg back, foot pointing forward.
- Stretch your calf by trying to rest your right foot flat on the ground, hold for several seconds and change sides.
- Use this exercise to stretch your calf muscles.
- Extend your right leg in front of you and bend your left knee to lower yourself down a little.
- Pull your right-foot toes towards you and move your hands towards them to stretch. Alternate sides when done.
- This exercise stretches your hamstrings and your calf muscles.
- Sit down on the floor, rotate your upper body to your right, grab your right leg at the knee while it is slightly bent, foot across your left leg.
- Stretch by pushing on your right leg with your left elbow to rotate your upper body further. Alternate sides.
- This exercise stretches your hips and your back muscles.
- Lie down on your back on the floor, put your left foot on top of the exercise ball, knee at a 90 degree angle and your right foot against the top of your left knee.
- Stretch by pushing your right knee down towards the ball with your hands and alternate sides after several seconds.
- This exercise will stretch the muscles located in your inner thighs.