DAY 11 – 100 DAYS OF NATURAL LIVING
I’ve started a new series called 100 Days of Natural Living.
In day 1, I shared my story on why I am so passionate about living a natural lifestyle.
A LOT of you reached out to me with additional questions, and I’d love to touch on some of those topics.
It goes without saying that one of the top questions I get is “How can I NATURALLY sleep better”?
A series of posts on Moon Milk
I hope you’ve followed along with this series on moon milk. If you haven’t, no worries…you can catch up here:
- In part 1 of this series of posts, I talk about the benefits of moon milk
- In part 2 of this series of posts, I talk about the ingredients.
- In today’s post, part 3, I talk about how to actually make moon milk.
Moon Milk Is The Ultimate Stress Buster
Life can be super stressful, and we all know just how important it is to get enough sleep. Try moon milk, the natural sleep aid that not only looks good but can be good for you as well.
Many ask the question – is moon milk actually going to help me sleep? In short, YES!
A core principle of Ayurveda is to find harmony for the mind, soul, and body and that means that good sleep is very important to achieve that.
That is why moon milk came about, because of its high praises for being able to relieve stress.
Moon Milk Recipe
To make just the basic moon milk, all you need do is stir up some of the amazing ashwagandha powder into a cup of warm milk and that’s it.
If you are wondering where you get ashwagandha from, check out your local health shop and when all else fails, you can order it online.
But basic isn’t how I like to rock-n-roll…
So here’s my favorite Recipe!
Need help falling asleep fast? Moon Milk can help you with that!
Here is a Moon Milk recipe using the above ingredients
- 1 cup whole milk. Or you can use unsweetened nut milk such as hemp, cashew, or almond
- 1⁄2-teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2-teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4-teaspoon ground ashwagandha. You can use other adaptogens such as astralagus or astralagus
- 2 pinches of ground cardamom
- 1 pinch of ground ginger (optional)
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of black pepper freshly ground
- 1-teaspoon virgin coconut oil or ghee
- 1-teaspoon (preferably raw) honey
- Simmer milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Then whisk in turmeric, cinnamon, ashwagandha, ginger, and cardamom, and nutmeg; seasoning with black pepper.
- Whisk vigorously so as to avoid any lumps and clumps.
- Next, add the coconut oil, reducing the heat to low, and then continuing to cook until warm; about 5-10 minutes, because the longer you go, the stronger the medicine is.
- Then remove from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Stir in the honey. Don’t cook the honey because honey that is cooked loses all its healing goodness.
- Then pour into a mug, drinking it warm, and then go to bed and allow yourself to be shepherded into Dreamland.
One Final Note & A Free Book Offer…
I wrote my book Natural Solutions for Cleaning & Wellness because I wanted to help others live a more natural lifestyle.
For a limited time, I’m offering this book to you FOR FREE (all I ask is that you help me out with the shipping)!
What’s the catch? There is none! This is my contribution — to help change the lives of as many people that I can.
As you can imagine, this offer won’t be around for long…so grab your free copy today!
Get Full Access To 100 Days of Natural Living
Like this story? Come along with me where I show you how I live naturally for 100 days!
These will be quick, unedited videos or posts where I bring you into my home, out into my garden and into my kitchen, and sometime deep into my mind…To share with you everything Natural.
You can view the entire series here: 100 DAYS OF NATURAL LIVING