Oh, How I Miss Crackers!
Ok, so I have to admit…I miss crackers! I have not been able to find a gluten free cracker recipe that is made without brown rice (yay, not a fan of brown rice, or better yet brown rice does not like me), so I decided to create a recipe to suit my needs.
This gluten free cracker recipe is so easy! I threw this recipe together in 10 minutes and was enjoying homemade crackers in a half hours time! Now that is what I am talking about, Yum!
Let’s dive into this simple recipe. I promise, you will be amazed how easy this recipe is and you will wonder why you have waited so long to tackle a gluten free cracker recipe!
Step by Step Instructions
First, put the ingredients in a food processor. A dough will form. This is a forgiving dough! If it is too wet, add a little tapioca flour and knead in. If it is too dry, add a little more water to create a nice smooth dough.
Roll out the dough right on a cookie sheet. No need to grease the cookie sheet, there is enough fat in the dough that it will not stick to the cookie sheet while baking. You might need to flour the dough with a little tapioca flour to prevent the dough from sticking to the rolling pin.
Roll the dough out super thin like the picture below. The thinner the dough, the crispier the cracker. I like to roll mine out super thin!
With a pizza cutter, cut the dough into desired shapes. I like 1-inch squares, but you can cut them in any shape. Prick the dough with a fork and then brush the top with melted butter. Add coarse salt to the top (I like my crackers salty).
Bake the crackers anywhere from 12-20 minutes. The time varies widely depending on how thin you roll them out. Keep an eye on them. When they start to turn golden brown, they are done.
Allow to cool, they will crisp up even more, and then store in an airtight container in your pantry.
That’s it! Easy, right? I can’t wait to hear from you all, I know you are going to love this gluten free cracker recipe as much as we do! Enjoy!
The easiest gluten free cracker recipe made with white rice flour!
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1/3 cup of water
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- tapioca flour for dusting
- coarse sea salt and butter to top crackers (optional)
- additional spices and herbs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- In a food processor, place the white rice flour and 1/2 tsp sea salt. Pulse several times to mix.
- Add in butter and pulse a few times.
- Slowly add in water until a ball of dough forms. If the dough is too crumbly, add a bit more water, if it becomes too wet, knead in a little tapioca flour. It is an easy dough to work with.
- On a floured surface (I did this right on a baking sheet), roll out dough very thin. The thinner the better. If dough starts to stick, dust with some tapioca flour to prevent sticking.
- Cut the dough with a pizza cutter into 1 inch squares. With a fork, poke holes throughout the dough.
- Brush with some more melted butter and coarse sea salt (this is optional, but I love a buttery and salty cracker).
- Bake for 12-20 minutes (time varies depending on how thin the dough is).
- Crackers are done when they become slightly golden.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 134 Fat: 4.2g Carbs: 21.3g Protein: 1.4g
- Serving Size: 1 serving
Like This Post? Give it a +1 on G+