My girls have always loved fruit roll ups! One day while at the super market, I pulled a box off the shelf to look at the ingredients and my mouth about hit the floor! Just take a look at what is in the supermarket version of fruit roll ups.
- Strawberry Ingredients: Pears From Concentrate, Corn Syrup, Dried Corn Syrup, Sugar, Partially Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Acetylated Mono And Diglycerides, Pectin, Malic Acid, Natural Flavor, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Color (Red 40, Yellows 5 % 6, Blue 1).
Nutrition Info: Calories: 56.5 Fat: 0.4g Carbohydrates: 14.0g Protein: 0.7g
- 1 1/2-2 pounds of fresh organic strawberries, hulled and cleaned
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar (adjust to desired sweetness, if the strawberries are super sweet you might not need as much. If you are using strawberries out of season, then you might need a little more.)
- dash of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 170 F.
- Put all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend for 1 minute or until well blended.
- Pour into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Line a 11×17 jelly roll pan with greased (i used coconut oil) parchment paper.
- Pour the mixture onto the parchment paper leaving a 1/2 inch of parchment paper on all sides.
- Spread to 1/8?-1/4? thick, you don’t want to get it too thin or you might have a hard time peeling it off the parchment paper.
- Bake for 6 hours.
- Allow cooling.
- With scissors, cut into 6 rectangles, leaving the excess parchment paper for easy peeling.
- Roll up and tie with a piece of string.
- Store in fridge or an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 fruit roll up
Grab The Whole Lifestyle Nutrition Cookbook, Real Food Made Simple for more great recipes!
Don’t have all the ingredients? No problem! Click on links below to see about purchasing these products!