Coconut Flour Cut Out Cookies
With the holiday season in full swing, my girls keep asking me for cut out cookies. So this past weekend I set out to make some delicious, yet healthy, cut out cookies.
These cookies turned out so great! The dough will take you about 5 minutes to whip up and it is super easy to roll out!
For sprinkles or colored sugar, you can either make your own (see red sprinkles in this post) or check your local health food store for some organic sprinkles that are colored from vegetables and not dyes.
You could also frost these cookies if desired. I made a frosting out of Greek yogurt, cream cheese, raw honey and a little vanilla. Add some food coloring (made out of vegetables, not dye) and you will have a wonderful icing to decorate your cookies with.
I hope you all enjoy these cookies, we sure did!
- 1/4 cup butter or ghee – you can buy ghee here
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener of choice. I used dry granulated honey and it was great!
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt – You can buy it here
- 1/2 cup coconut flour – You can buy it here
- 1-2 tbsp tapioca flour/starch – You can buy it here
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the butter or ghee, granulated sweetener, egg, baking powder vanilla extract and the unrefined sea salt and blend with a handheld blender for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add coconut flour and blend until combined.
- Allow the dough to sit for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes add 1 tbsp of tapioca flour and knead dough until firm. If it is sticky or not firm, add another tbsp of tapioca flour.
- Dust a surface with tapioca flour and roll out to desired thickness. I rolled mine out about 3/8″ thick.
- Use cookie cutters and cut desired shapes and place on cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool before frosting.