Try this amazing recipe shared by 2 of our viewers, it is wonderful!
Crust: (From the kitchen of
- 1 cup of nuts of your choice (I used raw walnuts and almonds)
- 4-5 dates (depending on size)
- Dash of sea salt
Filling: (From the kitchen of Rhonda Cain)
- 2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 cups of pumpkin puree (roasted from 2 (1 lb) pie pumpkins.
- 3 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- ¾ cup of local honey
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground nutmeg (grinding fresh adds so much more flavor)
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 Tbsp oat flour (you can use 2 Tbsp. arrowroot powder if you are grain & gluten free)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pint of whole cream
- Honey to taste
To make crust:
- Grind all crust ingredients in a food processor until crumbly and somewhat sticky.
- Press into a parchment paper with butter lined springform pan and butter the sides. 9 in a pan.
To roast pie pumpkins: Cut each pumpkin in half, scoop out seeds, place on a parchment lined cooking sheet, Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool, scoop out the pumpkin meat and put in a food processor until pureed to consistency.
To make filling: Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add pumpkin, ricotta, eggs, egg yolk, sour cream, honey, and spices.
- Add oat flour (or arrowroot powder) and vanilla.
- Beat together until well combined.
- Pour on top of crust in a springform pan, spreading out evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. May still be slightly jiggly.
- Allow to cool, cover with plastic and chill for 4 hours.
To make whipping cream: Whip whole-fat cream in a chilled bowl, add honey to taste (maybe a tsp.).
- Top cheesecake with whipped cream. Sprinkle with fresh ground nutmeg.
- The key with using a springform pan is to grease the pan well and edge around the sides with a butter knife before “springing” it.
- This makes a very tall cheesecake! About an inch from the top. So a sliver will do ya!
Recipe Authors are Rhonda Cain and Rebecca St. Clair
Nutrition Info Calories: 261.7 Fat: 18.8g Carbohydrates: 19.0g Protein: 6.8g
- Serving Size: 1 piece