Last night I made this delicious broccoli cheese soup. It is creamy and full of flavor. So if you are looking for a delicious soup that will warm you up on a cold winter’s day, pull this recipe out…it won’t disappoint!
Nutrition Info: Calories: 261.1 Fat: 16.5g Carbohydrates: 13.8g Protein: 15.2g
- 3 tbsp potato starch
- 3 tbsp grass fed butter
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 stalks of celery diced
- pepper to taste
- 6 cups chicken stock, see recipe
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 cups whole organic milk, coconut milk, or raw milk
- 3 cups raw shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4-1/2 tsp freshly grounded nutmeg
- In a stock pot over medium heat, melt butter and saute onions and celery until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add in potato starch and stir into butter mixture.
- Add chicken stock to stock pot slowly while whisking.
- Stir in chopped broccoli and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Stir in milk and cheese and allow to heat through (about 5 more minutes).
- Serve with some shredded cheddar cheese.
- Serving Size: 1 cup