Fall is in full swing here and I have a counter full of yummy squashes. Here is one of my favorite fall casseroles to make! It is made with butternut squash, some maple syrup and some organic chicken! Now what is not to love about that? 🙂
Do you have any favorite recipes that you enjoy over the fall months? Please feel free to share any recipes that you might have in the comment section below.
Organic Maple Butternut Chicken Casserole Recipe
Nutritional Information: Calories: 322.0 Fat: 13.9g Carbohydrates: 23.5g Protein: 27.9g
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 pound boneless/skinless chicken breast cooked and cubed
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter
- For topping
- ¼ cup pecan meal
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle of pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp melted grass fed butter
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a medium size casserole dish grease well with coconut oil.
- Sprinkle with some pecan meal to create a crust.
- Steam cubed butternut squash in about an inch of water for 15 minutes or until soft. Drain.
- With a masher, mash the squash with 2 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp maple syrup and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread into the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Top mashed butternut squash with cubed chicken.
- Add pecan meal and salt and pepper to taste once again.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and 1 tbsp of butter.
- Bake for 25 minutes, serve hot.
Serving size: 1 serving