I love cooking on stainless steel pans, but it took some practice and some tips and tricks to get the hang of using these wonderful pans. A few months ago, I posted a video and post about Buying and Cooking Tips For Stainless Steel Pans. In this video I showed you how to preheat your pan and then I added some coconut oil followed by adding my egg mixture and demonstrated how to cook your eggs in a stainless steel pan without having them stick all over the pan.
This video became quite popular and I started to get quite a few tips (good and bad ones), but one stood out to me! One person commented that you can season your stainless steel skillet/pan to create a naturally occurring non stick skillet in less then 5 minutes. This individual also stated that I wouldn’t need to use oils/butters to cook my eggs in, and that the pan would no longer stick. What? For real? So you know me, I got one of my stainless steel pans out and proceeded with the instructions. I was amazed! Such little effort and he was right, my pan no longer sticks!! I promise you, after watching this video, you too will be seasoning your stainless steel pans! I am also including written instructions too.
Here are the simple steps to create a naturally occurring non stick stainless steel pan!
- On medium to medium high heat, heat your pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Melt a little coconut oil or other high heat oil in your pan and swirl the oil around to evenly coat the pan. Allow the oil to smoke (don’t worry, we will be tossing this oil out)! Once the oil has smoked, turn off your burner and remove pan from heat source and allow to cool completely. You know your pan is seasoned and ready if you can see your mirror reflection of yourself in the pan (more details are in the video about this).
- Once the pan has cooled, pour out the oil and wipe the pan out with a paper towel. You now have a seasoned nonstick stainless steel pan.
- I am going to give you an example on how to cook an omelette in your seasoned pan. Simply preheat your pan on medium low heat for 2 minutes. Pour your egg mixture into your pan with no oil at all! Add desired ingredients (cheese, meat, veggies). Allow the eggs to cook for several minutes without disturbing. After a few minutes, flip you eggs and allow to cook another minute or two. Your eggs will slip right out of the pan, no sticking! (You can view this in the video as well). There is no need to ever wash the pan with soap, just wipe out with a paper towel as nothing will stick in the pan, cleanup takes about 10 seconds. This method is very similar to seasoning your cast iron skillet or wok. As long as you don’t use soap on your pan, your pan will remain nonstick. If you are using higher heat, you might need to add a little bit of oil.
That is it! So easy and no mess! Give it a try, you will be amazed!
- All Clad 4112 Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Bonded Dishwasher Safe 12-Inch Fry Pan Cookware, Silver
- Price: $115.95
This post is featured on Seasonal Celebration Sunday, Real Food Mania, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Real Food 101, Meatless Monday, Mouthwatering Monday, Homestead Barn Hop, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits, The Hearth & Soul Hop, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday Party, Tasty Tuesdays, Traditional Tuesdays, Real Food Wednesday, What’s Cooking Wednesday, Sustainable Ways, Whole Foods Wednesday, Healthy 2day, Simple Lives Thursday, Thriving on Thursdays, Creative Juice Thursday, Tastetastic Thursdays, Full Plate Thursday, Your Green Resource, It’s a keeper Thursday, Freaky Friday, Fresh Bites Friday, Friday FoodPAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated.