A Healthy Appetizer
So I am always looking for a delicious yet healthy appetizer to serve when I am hosting a get-together. The other night I made these and everyone loved them!
Of course, all of my guests asked me, “what are in these?” With a smile and knowing a mountain of questions were about to blossom, I said “Quinoa.” The replies, “Quinoa? What is that??”
So I danced at the opportunity to educate my guest on this wonderful grain free (yes, quinoa is not a grain, but a seed) ingredient.
So Just How Do You Pronounce Quinoa?
I have noticed that people want to try new things, they just don’t know how to cook them, or in this case, even pronounce the ingredient. The correct pronunciation is “KEEN-wah”.
See video below to hear the correct pronunciation!
A Delicious Quinoa Recipe
So what are you waiting for? Head on out and get yourself some delicious quinoa and try this wonderful new recipe: parmesan quinoa bites that everyone will enjoy!
Nutrition Info: Calories: 198.1 Fat: 9.5g Carbohydrates: 18.0g Protein: 10.7g
- 1 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (1/2 cup uncooked will make 1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 green onion stalk, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded raw parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/4 tsp unrefined seasoning salt
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp organic olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix together all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Grease a mini muffin pan with coconut oil.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon into each mini muffin spot.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Serving Size: 5 pieces
Grab The Whole Lifestyle Nutrition Cookbook, Real Food Made Simple for more great recipes!
Don’t Have All The Ingredients?
Don’t have all of the ingredients? No problem!
Click on links below to see about purchasing these ingredients.