Tis The Season
It is that time of year again. You know, where you bring out a platter of delicious cookies and holiday treats for everyone to enjoy!
As most of you already know, most cookies and holiday treats contain a ton of sugar and wheat and it can be really hard to find alternative options when baking for the holidays.
That is why I created this delicious coconut butter fudge recipe. Fudge doesn’t typically have wheat in it, but it does have a ton of sugar.
By using two key ingredients, you can eliminate a lot of the sugar and your fudge will have a natural sweetness to it. What are these two ingredients? Coconut butter and blanched almond butter.
Making Your Own Coconut Butter
Alright, have you ever made your own coconut butter before? Store bought coconut butter can be very expensive. It doesn’t have to be expensive because it is super easy to make!
Coconut butter has a natural sweetness to it. You can eliminate a lot of sugar just by using coconut butter.
What do you need? A food processor, unsweetened coconut and 5 minutes time! That is it, for real!
Making Your Own Blanched Almond Butter
The second ingredient to making a terrific holiday fudge is blanched almond butter!
I know, many of you might be wondering why I use “blanched” almond butter over “regular” almond butter. In short, it is easier to digest.
I wrote an article last year that includes a terrific recipe and explains the benefits of blanched almond butter and how to make your own. Be sure to check it out.
Now I will note here, if you’d like to make this fudge with regular almond butter, you sure can. It will still taste delicious!
A Healthier Coconut Butter Fudge Recipe
So how about it. Are you ready to make this amazing coconut butter fudge recipe yet? I promise you are going to love this! AND it will be ready in 10 minutes time!
Here is a quick video to show you how easy and simple it is to make!
Now that is what I am talking about! Who doesn’t enjoy a treat that is so easy to make during this busy holiday season!
Are you looking for a fudge recipe that is super easy to make and is also healthy for you? Enjoy this delicious and nourishing coconut butter fudge recipe!
- 12 oz unsweetened shredded coconut (about 6 cups)
- 2/3 cups organic cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup grade b maple syrup (raw honey can also be used)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup blanched almond butter (regular almond butter can also be used)
- Place the unsweetened coconut into a food processor and blend until coconut butter forms (about 5 minutes) (See Video).
- After the coconut butter forms, add in the maples syrup, sea salt and vanilla and pulse a few times.
- Now add in the cocoa powder and almond butter and pulse 5-6 times or until a dough forms.
- Remove the dough/fudge from the food processor and press into a 8″x 8″ square pan lined with parchment paper.
- Press firmly into the pan and place into freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cut into 25 squares. Store in refrigerator.