A Recipe From One of Our Readers
A few years ago, I was given an AMAZING recipe from one of our readers, Julie Skinner. I am so glad she reached out to me with this amazing recipe!
Every year I set out to get some fresh strawberries at our local strawberry farm. Here are some pictures from this years trip.
There is nothing like fresh strawberries picked out of the field. This year they were especially sweet making this trip to the farm even sweeter! There is no doubt that I will be making a few batches of Julie’s amazing dressing, I look forward to it all year long!
My Favorite Kitchen Item That I Use All Summer Long!
So there is one kitchen item that I use all summer long, and it is this Chef’n Emulstir. If you do not have one, it is a must in every kitchen!
I am not sure why people still try to buy healthy dressings at the store…salad dressings are so easy to make and taste so much better when you make them yourself! And with this nifty tool you can explore away and make all different kinds of dressing.
I have several of these salad emulstir’s because I always have at least 2 dressings in my fridge at all times.
An Organic Strawberry Dressing Recipe
So lets move onto this organic strawberry dressing recipe. Several things I want to note:
- Fresh is best and preferably just picked. If you are unable to freshly pick them, get some organic strawberries and follow my steps to create the juiciest organic strawberries ever!
- You don’t have to use just strawberries. This recipe is great with red raspberries too!
- Think this dressing is just for salads? Think again. Try drizzling this as an ice cream topping or as a stir in to your favorite yogurt. It is fantastic!
Once you make this dressing I am sure you will agree, it is some of the best tasting dressing ever!
Quality Ingredients Matter
Be sure to choose some quality ingredients for this dressing.
- As mentioned above choosing strawberries when they are in peak season is ideal.
- You also want to pick a good quality organic extra virgin olive oil.
- Lastly, choose a good balsamic vinegar. It makes a huge difference in the dressing. Here is my favorite vinegar: Roland Gold Balsamic Vinegar. A little pricey, yes…but a little goes a long way and it taste absolutely amazing!
Making This Easy Dressing
I think you will be surprised how easy it is to make this dressing. Simply add your berries in a bowl and add your sugar and vinegar, stir and let sit for 1 hour or longer. This allows the juices to come together and helps in creating a delicious sauce.
Now add the dressing to a blender or food processor and add the olive oil and salt and blend until it is liquified (about 20 seconds). Store in a Chef’n Emulstir and refrigerate. When you are ready to serve, use your handy emulstir to blend and stir the dressing. Serve right away after you have emulstir your dressing.
Keep It Simple And Showcase The Dressing
When making a salad, keep the salad simple. The dressing is the show stopper here. Don’t over power the salad with a strong cheese. I like to do a blend of salad greens and then add in some fresh herbs. I also added some edible flowers that I grew this year in my garden. The oddly are sweet and offer a nice crunch to the salad.
Now go ahead and add the amazing dressing! Don’t be shy, drizzle it all over and enjoy every bit!
Top off salads with this vibrant strawberry dressing recipe.
- Mix berries with vinegar and sweetener.
- Let sit for at least 1 hour.
- Add salt and olive oil and liquify in blender or food processor.
- Refrigerate. Good on salads, fruit, ice cream (no kidding!), and greek yogurt.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 42.3 Fat: 3.6g Carbs: 3.1g Protein: .1g
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp