So I have many many varieties of homemade chocolate chip cookies because my girls just absolutely love them and so do I! We just love dipping them in fresh milk. Don’t you just love my daughters fresh milk mustache in the picture above? 🙂 I have created an almond flour chocolate chip cookie, a coconut flour chocolate chip cookie and now a sprouted flour chocolate chip cookie.
So why sprouted flour? There are so many healthy benefits to sprouted flour. Here are just a few.
- Easier to Digest – Sprouting breaks down the starches in grains into simple sugars so your body can digest them like a vegetable (like a tomato, not a potato).
- Increased Vitamin C – Sprouting produces vitamin C.
- Increased Vitamin B – Sprouting increases the vitamin B content (B2, B5, and B6).
- Increased Carotene – Sprouting increases the carotene up to eight times.
- Increased Enzymes are actually produced during sprouting.
- Reduction of Anti-nutrients – Sprouting neutralizes enzyme inhibitors and phytic acid, which is a substance present in the bran of all grains that inhibits absorption of calcium, magnesium, iron, copper and zinc.
I should also note that it is important to use your flour quickly after the grains have been sprouted and then ground into flour. You can prolong the life of the flour by storing it in the freezer. I am in the process of learning how to sprout my own grains and then grind them into flour, but in the meantime I found an excellent company that sprouts to order. That’s right…they will not grind the sprouted grains into flour until they receive your order and then the ship it so you receive it quickly (usually within 2-3 days) and then alls you have to do is keep it in the freezer and it will last over 6 months with its nutritional value still intact. To Your Health Sprouted Flour Co. has returned to the traditional practice of sprouting grains in order to render them more nutritious and digestible. They nurture the grains in their facility, allow them to sprout, then dry them at a very low temperature, to maintain precious vitamins, minerals, and enzymes. Then when the flour is ordered, they will grind the flour and ship it right to your front door. Again, I am not making any money by endorsing this product, I just love their story on how they started small and gradually grew without compromising quality. I e-mailed them to make sure their grains were certified organic and gmo free and the quickly responded back that they were. I use their flour to make pancakes, muffins, and baked goods.
Another company I use when purchasing sprouted flour is Shiloh Farms Sprouted Flour. This is also a great company to purchase sprouted flour from and has the same philosophy as To Your Health Sprouted Flour Co. This will give you several options if you want to purchase some sprouted flour on line.
So this recipe is so easy that my daughter made them and I just photographed her as she made them. Here are the simple steps for you to follow. Even the neighbors enjoyed these delicious cookies 🙂
Here are the ingredients that you will need. Sprouted flour, baking soda, salt, coconut oil, grass fed butter, sucanat, coconut sugar or Rapunzel sugar (unrefined sugar), vanilla, eggs, and enjoy life mini chocolate chips.
Preheat oven to 350° F. In a medium bowl, mix together the sprouted flour, unrefined sea salt and the baking soda. Set aside.
In the mixer cream together egg, coconut oil, softened butter, vanilla and sugar of choice for about 30 seconds on medium speed.
Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix on medium speed until blended (about 30 seconds).
Stir in chocolate chips.
Add rounded tablespoons of cookie dough to an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 9-11 minutes. Allow to cool a few minutes before taking them off of the pan.
Now invite the neighborhood kids over and watch them enjoy these healthy chocolate chip cookies 🙂
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together sprouted flour, baking soada and unrefined sea salt and set aside.
- In a mixer bowl add the butter, coconut oil, sugar, vanilla and egg and mix until smooth (about 30 seconds).
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients in the mixing bowl and blend on medium speed until well mixed.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop a rounded tablespoon onto an un greased cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes.
Don’t have all of the ingredients? No problem! Click on links below to see where you can purchase the product.
[easyazon-block align=”none” asin=”B004GOXWT2″ locale=”us”][easyazon-block align=”none” asin=”B004T330PQ” locale=”us”][easyazon-block align=”none” asin=”B000HDJZWO” locale=”us”][easyazon-block align=”none” asin=”B002OC74WO” locale=”us”]