For The Love of Pizza
Alright, so my secret is out! I have a love for pizza. I mean really…how many ways can I create a pizza that is stepping out of the traditional box? A lot. Check out all my healthier pizza recipes!
(Click on Picture To Goto Recipe)
There should be no reason why we can’t enjoy the delicious flavors of combining cheese, meat, vegetable and yummy pizza sauce. I thought it would be great to create a recipe that uses a vegetable as a base for the pizza.
I wanted something that would be quick to whip up and that my girls would dive into! An organic pizza zucchini boat recipe was in order…don’t you think?
This is that recipe!
Fill Your Boat with Your Favorite Toppings
So this recipe is super flexible! Just like with creating a pizza, you add the toppings that you enjoy. This organic pizza zucchini boat recipe is no different. Load it up with all of your favorites.
So in this boat below, I added organic pizza sauce (in a jar), here is my all time favorite organic pizza sauce, some organic sausage and some spices to kick it up a notch.
No need to waste the pulp of the zucchini, chop it up and add it right back into the collection of flavors.
I found these huge organic zucchinis at the health food store and I couldn’t resist. You can also use smaller ones too! Sometimes the smaller ones are a bit more tender, but this particular zucchini was super tender!
Find your favorite pan (if you noticed, I love my beat up worn pan) and get ready to pop them in the oven!
Don’t forget to add your favorite cheese as a topping right before you pop it into the oven.
When it is all said and done, this beautiful organic pizza zucchini boat recipe will surely become a family favorite!
Bon Appetit My Friends!
- 2 large zucchinis or 4 medium
- 3/4 pound of cooked meat of choice (this could vary greatly depending on your toppings preference)
- zucchini pulp
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4-1/2 cup organic pizza sauce
- veggies of choice (your favorite pizza toppings)
- top with favorite cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut the zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the inside of the zucchini leaving the skins.
- Chop up pulp and place the pulp into a bowl. Add the cooked meat of choice and vegetables, pizza sauce, curry powder and thyme.
- Mix everything together (don’t mix in the cheese).
- Scoop mixture back into zucchini boats and top with your favorite cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Share Your Thoughts
What is your favorite pizza recipe?