Ooh La La!
I remember the first time I tried some organic salted caramel ice cream. I was at a fine dining restaurant and a server highly recommended the salted caramel ice cream.
How strange, I thought… who would want salt and caramel together. But I alway go with the server’s recommendation and ordered it. It was absolutely fantastic!
The sweet and salty worked so perfectly with the creamy ice cream. Such a perfect combination of flavors, I was amazed. So anytime I am out and see salted caramel ice cream, I am sure to order it.
Using Coconut Sugar
I actually stumbled upon this recipe by accident. I had just got a fresh shipment of raw milk and my girls were dying for some homemade ice cream.
I have always wanted to try Organic Coconut Sugar in ice cream. I have found that organic coconut sugar makes for a good brown sugar substitute but was curious how it would do in ice cream.
So I substituted coconut sugar in and it quickly colored my cream to a nice brown tint. I grabbed a little taste and knew I was onto something.
I was so excited when I sampled my finished product, absolutely delicious!
Adding In Toppings
One reason that I absolutely love making homemade ice cream is that you can completely customize it to your liking!
I found that walnuts taste amazing in salted caramel ice cream! If you haven’t tried it, I encourage you too!
Oh, and whatever you do…don’t forget the 3-minute 3 ingredient salted caramel sauce. It is truly A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!
Feel free to add in any of your favorite toppings into this delicious ice cream!Print
The sweet and salty worked so perfectly in this organic salted caramel ice cream recipe.
- Pour milk and sugar in a bowl and whisk until sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes.
- Add cream, half and half, vanilla and stir well.
- Put into ice cream mixture and follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- In the last 30 seconds add in fill in (in this case I added my chopped walnuts) and allow the machine to stir them in. You can also add in some salted caramel in the last 10 seconds.
- Place ice cream into a container and allow the ice cream to harden in the freezer for 4 hours if you are wanting a firmer ice cream.
- Add a serving into a serving dish and top ice cream with a sprinkle of course (do not use fine, the course makes this dish) Celtic sea salt.
- Drizzle with homemade salted caramel sauce
Nutrition Info: Calories: 173.6 Fat: 13.5g Carbohydrates: 11.7g Protein: 1.8g
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup