A Great Snack For Busy Times
Welcome to Family Friendly Fridays! Summer is quickly approaching and that means BUSY times are coming!
We have an action packed summer planned this year! My girls have summer school, girls scout camp, swim lessons, vacation bible school and many other summer activities.
My husband and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary so we have a trip planned to Belize (oh my can’t wait for that) and I am turning 40 this year and heading to New Mexico to bring in my 40th!
A Healthy Treat For Traveling
Wow with so much going on and so much traveling, I felt the need to come up with some quick and easy snacks that we could pack and go.
This week I am sharing some amazing energy bars! Oh did I mention that there is no baking involved? How easy is that!
If you have been looking for some healthy energy bars, I am sure you have quickly learned that there really aren’t to many options out there. That is ok! Once you make these, you will not have to worry about that anymore.
Customize These Energy Bars To Your Liking
Feel free to add items to these energy bars. Some additional ingredients might be dried fruit (cranberries, pineapple, papaya, and organic raisins), coconut, carob chips to name a few.
You could also omit the nut butter and add a tad bit more honey if desired. Don’t be shy to play around.
- 2 oz raw almonds (preferably soaked and dehydrated) see recipe or You Can Buy It Here
- 2 oz raw pecans (preferably soaked and dehydrated) see recipe or You Can Buy It Here
- 2 tbsp raw honey, melted slightly
- 2 tbsp nut butter of choice - You Can Buy It Here
- 2 tbsp enjoy life mini chocolate chips or carob chips
- dash of unrefined sea salt (see special note below) - You Can Buy It Here
- Mix together melted honey and nut butter. Allow to cool, you don't want to melt the chocolate chips.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and press firmly into a small dish lined with parchment paper.
- Add a dash of salt to the top of the energy bars.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour and the energy bars will form together.
- Slice after well chilled.
- Store in refrigerator.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Whole Lifestyle Nutrition is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.