Organic Strawberry Jam Recipe
Strawberry season is here! Here is an excellent jam that is quick and easy to make!
Serves: Makes 1½ cups
- 1 pound organic strawberries, hulled and halved
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tbsp water
- ¼-1/2 cup coconut palm sugar or sweetener of choice
- Put strawberries and ¼ cup water in a sauce pan and mash with a potato masher.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then simmer on low heat for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Mash with potato masher one more time during the cooking process.
- Mix arrowroot powder with 1 tbsp of water.
- Pour into strawberry mixture and allow to thicken (about 30 seconds).
- As soon as it thickens, remove from heat immediately. If you over cook, it will become thin again, so be sure to pull it off the heat source as soon as it thickens. Keep in mind, it will thicken as it cools.
- Once you pull off heat, then stir in your sweetener of choice.
Serving size: 2 tbsp