- 1 pound organic strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4-1/2 cup coconut palm sugar or sweetener of choice
- Put strawberries and 1/4 cup water in a sauce pan and mash with a potato masher.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then simmer on low heat for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Mash with potato masher one more time during the cooking process.
- Mix arrowroot powder with 1 tbsp of water.
- Pour into strawberry mixture and allow to thicken (about 30 seconds).
- As soon as it thickens, remove from heat immediately. If you over cook, it will become thin again, so be sure to pull it off the heat source as soon as it thickens. Keep in mind, it will thicken as it cools.
- Once you pull off heat, then stir in your sweetener of choice.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Whole Lifestyle Nutrition is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.