I just love a great loaf of banana bread! Can banana bread be healthy for you. The answer to that question is absolutely! In this recipe I use coconut flour which is a nice alternative flour that is gluten free and grain free. The bananas in this recipe naturally sweeten this loaf of bread allowing us to leave out the processed sugar that so many of us try to stay away from. Yes, there are a lot of eggs in this recipe, but organic eggs are so good for you. This morning instead of my 3 egg omelet that I usually have, I had 2 slices of this bread with some grass fed butter on them (you certainly don’t have to put on butter, I just like it that way), a little fruit and a nice cup of tea. This bread is perfect for breakfast or for snacking. So don’t throw away those overly ripe bananas! Mash them up and try out this wonderful recipe.
Organic Banana Nut Bread Recipe
Nutrition Info: Calories: 165.8 Fat: 12.8g Carbohydrates: 9.4g Protein: 4.4g
Serves: 12 pieces
- 6 organic eggs
- 2 ripe organic bananas mashed
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil (cooled)
- ½ tsp unrefined sea salt
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½-1 cup chopped raw pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, honey, vanilla extract and the cooled coconut oil and mix well.
- In a small bowl combine coconut flour, salt, baking soda and stir well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredient (except banana) and stir until there are no more lumps.
- Fold in bananas until well blended.
- Pour batter into 2 greased mini bread pans or 1 5"x9" loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until lightly browned.
Serving size: 1 piece