This lasagna is so good you won’t even miss the traditional noodles that usually accompanies lasagna.
- 1 pound ground turkey browned
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 oz of fresh mushrooms
- 1 tbsp grass fed butter
- 4 cups fresh packed spinach wilted
- 15 oz homemade tomato sauce, or your favorite jarred organic spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce
- 1 cup ricotta, see recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup raw cheese of choice, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a frying pan, brown ground turkey and add Italian seasoning. Put in a bowl.
- In the same pan, melt 1 tbsp grass fed butter and sauté mushrooms until tender. Place in another bowl.
- In the same fry pan wilt the 4 cups of packed spinach.
- Drain any water that accumulates from spinach or mushrooms, set aside.
- In one more dish add ricotta cheese, egg and garlic salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In a 2-quart casserole dish, add a cup of sauce in the bottom of the pan.
- Add a layer of turkey, then spinach, mushrooms, and a layer of Ricotta.
- Sprinkle with a little raw cheese and repeat layers starting with the sauce 2-3 more times (depending on how thick your layers are).
- Top the final layer with remaining raw cheese and cover and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove cover after 35 minutes and cook uncovered for 10-15 more minutes until slightly brown and bubbly.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 353.6 Fat: 21.6g Carbohydrates: 10.9g Protein: 28.4g
- Serving Size: 1 piece