There is nothing I enjoy better then having a creamy bowl of hot soup on a cold winters day! This soup is so delicious and sure to please everyone!
First, cut up your cauliflower into small pieces and set aside.
Next, cut a medium onion into small chunks or pieces.
Melt your grass fed butter in a stock pot over medium heat.
Add onions and sauté until soft and tender.
Add garlic to onions and simmer for 1 more additional minute. Add your homemade chicken stock to the stockpot.
Add cauliflower, thyme and simmer for 20 minutes or until cauliflower is soft and tender.
With a stick blender or food processor, puree soup until smooth and silky.
Soup will be creamy and smooth. In a small bowl add 1/4 cup half and half, cream or milk. Add a few tablespoons of hot soup to the cold cream a little at a time and gently warm the cream. Add the warm cream to the rest of the soup and stir.
Serve hot with a little thyme on top. Enjoy!
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter
- 1 medium to large sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups homemade chicken stock, see recipe
- ½ tsp dried thyme or 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- ¼ cup half and half, cream or raw milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot over medium heat melt the grass fed butter.
- Add onions and sauté until soft and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for 1 more additional minute.
- Add chicken stock, thyme,and cauliflower to the pot.
- Bring back to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until cauliflower is soft and tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- With a stick blender (or a food processor would work too in small batches) blend soup until pureed and well blended.
- Add ¼ cup half and half to a bowl. Add a few tablespoons of soup to the cold cream/half and half a little at a time, gently warming the cream. Add warmed cream to the soup and mix well. Serve hot.