Who doesn’t love an amazing grilled cheese? When I was little my mom made the best grilled cheese ever! The cheese was gooey and would string right out of the grilled cheese!
Today I am sharing my mom’s recipe with a twist. With Thanksgiving around the corner, I wanted to give you some options to use your leftovers up. I always have leftover cranberry sauce every year and usually have no idea what to do with it! You can easily make cranberry sauce into a delicious jam by adding 2 more ingredients to it!
If you do not have cranberry sauce for your Thanksgiving than no problem. I will give you simple instructions to make this delicious orange cranberry jam that will go perfect on any leftover turkey sandwich or this amazing grilled cheese sandwich!
- 8 small pieces of sourdough bread, gluten free bread, or sprouted grain bread
- 4 oz muenster cheese
- grass fed butter (1 tbsp per sandwich)
- 4 cups of fresh cranberries (or (1) 12 ounce bag)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup unrefined organic cane sugar (rapadura)
- the zest of 1 orange
- the juice of 1 orange
- Clean and pick over cranberries.
- Over medium high heat bring water to a boil and add the sugar.
- Dissolve sugar and then add cranberries, orange zest and the juice of 1 orange.
- Bring back to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the cranberries pop.
- Allow to cool for several hours or refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Jam will thicken as it cools.
- If you have leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving, simply add the orange zest and the juice of the orange, stir and allow to marinate for several hours at room temperature. You now have orange cranberry jam!
- Butter one side of each piece of bread. On the other side spread on a little bit of the jam.
- Place 1 ounce of cheese between two pieces of bread, leaving the two buttered pieces on the outside.
- Preheat a skillet on medium low heat. Muenster cheese takes some time to melt, so be sure to cook your grilled cheese slowly to assure that the cheese has time to melt.
- Place the grilled cheeses into the preheated skillet and cover with a lid.
- Keep an eye on your grilled cheese but this sandwich usually takes about 5 minutes per side to cook.
- When the grilled cheese is slightly brown, flip over and continue to cook on the other side until it is golden brown.
- Serve hot.
What are some of your favorite ways to use up your leftovers from Thanksgiving?
Do you serve cranberry sauce with with your Thanksgiving feast?
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Whole Lifestyle Nutrition is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.