Welcome to Family Friendly Fridays! Today I want to share with you one of my girls’ favorite snacks… Apple Nachos! We have been making these for years but it has just recently been popping up all over Pinterest! Our recipe is simple and takes less than 5 minutes to whip up. You can totally change this recipe to suit your kids’ likings. Try adding some almonds, bananas, coconut flakes, cashew butter, dried cranberries, raisins and even some drizzled chocolate. Your kids will be asking for these all the time, they really are that great!
- 2 sliced apples of choice
- 2-3 tbsp raw almond butter, raw cashew butter, or all natural peanut butter, slightly heated ( I heated mine for about 2 minutes in a double boiler until it thinned out a bit)
- 1-2 ounces of pecans, walnuts, almonds or nuts of choice
- chocolate chips to taste
- other toppings options: dried cranberries, drizzled melted chocolate, raisins, coconut flakes, sunflower seeds, bananas or dried fruit of choice
- Slice apples and put on a plate.
- Top with favorite toppings and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 serving