Roasted Cauliflower Poppers, Oh Yeah!
Alright, so time and time again I am asked, “Hey Halle, where is that roasted cauliflower poppers recipe that you posted awhile back?”
If you have been around my blog from time to time, about a year ago, maybe longer, I posted this insanely good appetizer that even the kids will eat.
Never in my wildest dreams did I think that cauliflower could taste this amazing! Even my pickiest eater (yep, my husband…would never even touch cauliflower) ate this up and better yet, we fight over the leftovers….now that is some good stuff right?
Roasting Makes Everything Taste Better
I guess I wasn’t the only one seeking for a delicious way to “pop” cauliflower right into my mouth. This recipe became super popular, but I have it tucked away in a roasting vegetable post. So I thought I would bring this recipe front and center so you all don’t have to go digging through my archives to find it!
When creating this recipe, I knew that I wanted to roast the cauliflower. I quickly realized after experimenting with roasting veggies that the whole flavor can change, just by roasting!
In regards to cauliflower, it develops into a delicious nutty, buttery flavor and the texture changes too, it becomes crunchy! Oh my goodness….can’t tell you all how amazing this recipe is!
What Are You Waiting For…
So if you haven’t tried this recipe out yet, I encourage you to try it, like now…what are you waiting for?? 😉
Oh, and because they are poppers, don’t forget your dipping sauce! Now stop reading and get yourself into the kitchen to make these, I promise, you’ll be back to tell me how amazing they are…for real! 🙂
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut up cauliflower into small pieces and wash and dry them.
- Place cauliflower into a large ziplock bag and pour over the melted butter and coconut oil/olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika. Shake the bag until cauliflower is well coated.
- Place cauliflower pieces onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, turning several times so that the cauliflower browns evenly. Don’t be afraid of them getting too brown, that is what makes them good!
- Serve with my homemade ketchup, See Recipe
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 serving