Nutrition Info Calories: 203.6 Fat: 17.2g Carbohydrates: 6.4g Protein: 9.3g
- 2 medium green tomatoes
- 1/2 cup almond flour/meal
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2-3 dashes of cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp half and half, raw milk or coconut milk
- garlic salt to taste
- Preheat oven to a low broil.
- Make sure your rack is at least 2 rows down. If there is only 1 setting “high broil” on your oven, lower your rack to the 3rd row.
- In a small bowl combine almond meal, salt, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- In another bowl, add the egg and the half and half and mix well.
- Cut the tomatoes about a 1/2? thick.
- Dip the tomatoes into the egg wash mixture and then into the almond flour mixture.
- Coat both sides. Repeat until all the tomatoes are coated.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and heavily grease it (I used coconut oil) the parchment paper. The tomatoes will absorb this coconut oil allowing them to fry a little.
- Place under the broiler for 6 minutes and then flip and cook the other side for 6 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on them to make sure they aren’t getting to brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 serving