I’ve had a mad obsession….
with so many things this summer…but THESE, my friend, are what I have been obsessed with lately!
Yay, these 3 ingredients are absolute magic in the culinary world!
So what could be better than combining them all together for this amazing coconut lime cilantro rice recipe! This will compliment any meal out there, I promise you that!
Why I eat white rice and NOT brown rice!
Have you read that brown rice is better for you than white rice? I am her to challenge that “advice” and to enlighting you to why white rice might not be such a bad choice after all!
As mentioned, I am not a fan of brown rice. Why? Well, several reasons. For me
- It has too much fiber and gives me gas.
- It bloats me terribly (sign of an allergy)
- Bran is very hard to digest, making brown rice extremely hard for your body to process and break down.
- Brown rice has a high phytic acid content, which robs you of vital nutrients and minerals (I wrote about phytic acids in my post about soaking nuts).
- and truthfully, white rice tastes better than brown IMHO! 🙂
Let’s move on to this recipe…
Coconut Lime Cilantro Rice Recipe
Few things here. I am featuring my lime sea salt recipe in this recipe, but you can certainly just add in some lime zest if you don’t have this lime sea salt available.
Don’t be afraid to add a little bit here and there and adjust this recipe to compliment your taste.
Some might like more of a lime flavor while others might like it loaded with cilantro (like me)! If you want it super nutty, try toasting the raw rice a few minutes in butter to lightly brown the rice before adding in the liquids. It is INSANELY good!
Cooking should be fun! Explore and play with the flavors that make your heart sing! ❤
The best coconut lime cilantro rice recipe you will ever try. A must for any kitchen!
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1/2 tsp lime sea salt – get recipe here
- 1/4 cup finely shredded coconut
- 1/4–1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime (zest can be used too if you really want a dominate lime flavor).
- Over medium heat melt the butter in saucepan and saute the onions until translucent and slightly brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add in rice and cook for two minutes.
- Stir in the water and the lime sea salt, reduce the heat to a simmer and cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove from heat and stir in shredded coconut and put the lid back on and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid, fluff the rice with a fork and stir in the juice of 1 lime. Stir in the cilantro and serve.