Last week I featured a video series about coconuts and all the amazing products you can get from 1 organic coconut. In one of the videos, How To Make Your Own Organic Coconut Butter, I showed you how easy it was to make your own coconut butter. You can do this with freshly dehydrated coconut flakes or store bought organic coconut flakes. Once I tasted homemade coconut butter, there was no going back to buying the stuff out of the jar, homemade is so amazing!
This organic coconut butter cookies/bark recipe make a nice treat!
- 12 oz bag of shredded dehydrated unsweetened organic coconut (click here to see our video on How To Make Organic Coconut Butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- honey, cocoa, almond extract or other extracts could be used (optional)
- Put dehydrated coconut into a food processor for 10 minutes or until it becomes runny.
- Once it becomes runny add vanilla. You could also add some raw honey at this point if you are looking for a sweeter cookie.
- Grease molds of choice with coconut oil. If you do not have any molds, you can make bark by lining a cookie sheet with greased parchment paper.
- Pour into molds or onto a cookie sheet and freeze or refrigerate until it hardens (5-20 minutes).
- Pop out of molds or break into bark pieces.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 101.3 Fat: 9.5g Carbohydrates: 4.4g Protein: 0.9g
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
Grab The Whole Lifestyle Nutrition Cookbook, Real Food Made Simple for more great recipes!