For ALL The Bread Lovers Out There…
…This Gluten Free Vegan Bread Recipe is for you!
Now if you’ve been around my blog a time or two, you might have noticed that I have a slight obsession with bread!
I mean I did own my own bagel company, created THE one and only Gluten Free & Grain Free Breads, Batters & Doughs Cookbook and created the most magnificent sourdough bread series that one could ever ask for.
I have bread recipes for the gluten free lovers, for the sourdough lovers, for the bagel lovers but what I don’t have is a bread recipe for are for all of my gluten free vegan friends out there.
For All My Vegan & Egg Free Friends, This Is For YOU!
So this one’s for all of my vegan & gluten free friends, or for the friends of mine who just can’t have eggs.
It’s an easy recipe that requires no kneading and the taste…oh my, the taste is out of this world good!
And before you ask…
Yes, You Need To Use Apple Butter!
I know I will get a TON of questions from people asking me if they can skip out on using the apple butter.
The answer to that questions is NO!
The pectin found in the apple butter binds yeasted gluten-free bread recipes. In other words, it gives it great texture and it helps hold the bread together.
But fear not, I’ve provided a link to where you can easily get your hands on this apple butter!
- In a small bowl add the sugar, active dry yeast and warm water (for me I just got it out of the tap at the hottest setting and let it sit for 1 min). Stir until dissolved and let this sit and bloom for 10 minutes.
- In a standing mixer, add the flour and salt and blend for 15 seconds.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour blend and blend on low for 30 seconds.
- In a small bowl add the neat egg with 1/4 cup water and stir.
- Add the olive oil and egg substitute mixture to the batter and blend on high for 3 minutes or until the batter becomes smooth.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and allow the dough to rise in a warm place for an hour. I heated my oven to 100F and then turned the oven off and placed it in the oven for an hour.
- Grease and 8″ x 4″ bread pan (I like this one) with olive oil. Stir the dough after it has risin for an hour and gently place into the prepared bread pan.
- Cover with a piece of greased plastic wrap and loosely lay on top and allow the bread to rise in a warm place for another 20-30 minutes or until the loaf rises to the top of the loaf pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and bake the bread for 40-45 minutes. The bread will be golden brown on top and have a hard shell.
- Remove from pan and completely cool before slicing into. Once coo, slice and enjoy.