I am going to get straight to the point with this recipe! Ready??? Okay, oh my goodness can you say simple, easy and delicious? Last night I had so much going on, you know how it is right? You just get done working, the kids are hungry and you are at a loss with what to cook up!
Yeah, yeah, yeah…same old question, what am i going to cook for dinner tonight? I am tired, don’t feel like spending to much time in the kitchen and I just want to sit down and relax for the rest of the evening! So I headed to the refrigerator and pulled out whatever I had and this is what I came up with.
This meal took 30 minutes to whip up including prep and cook time. The clean up was super easy too…a cutting board, knife, spoon, sauce pan and skillet. Now that is what I am talking about! And WOW, did it ever taste amazing! The only bad thing, it tastes so good that there were no leftovers (which if you know me…I LOVE leftovers!) Guess next time I will make a larger quantity! 😉
- 1½ pound boneless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp grass fed butter
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2½ cups chopped broccoli (about 3 clusters)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small carrot, peeled into pieces (I just used a potato peeler)
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 3 tbsp organic liquid aminos or coconut aminos (gluten free options) or organic soy sauce
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder
- pepper to taste
- serve with rice
- Start cooking the rice according to the directions. (Note, I always add salt to the rice, taste so much better)! If you are cooking 1 cup of rice I usually add 1 tsp of salt.
- While the rice is cooking, preheat a sauté pan on medium heat for about a minute.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter to the pan.
- Brown the chicken and onions together for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli, garlic, carrot peels, chicken stock and soy sauce. Season with pepper.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 5 more minutes.
- If the sauce needs thickened, mix together 1tsp of arrowroot powder with 1 tsp water. Stir and add to dish.
- Allow to simmer until the sauce thickens a bit (about 1 minute).
- Remove from heat and server immediately over rice.
What are some of your favorite quick dishes to make?
Feel free to link them in the comment section below!