I LOVE ribs! I have a lot of experience cooking up some BBQ pork ribs, but have never really tackled beef short ribs until now! Oh my, these are so delicious and so tender. I often times think people think it is a lot of work to cook ribs and that isn’t always the case. These ribs took me less than 15 minutes to prep and slow cooked in the crock pot for about 8 hours. How easy is that, put them in when you wake up and they are ready for you when you get home for dinner. I think you all are really going to enjoy these. Thanks to Rhonda Cain for sharing this wonderful recipe with me! You were right, they are AMAZING!!
- 3-4 pounds of grass fed short ribs
- 2 tbsp sprouted flour, oat flour or spelt flour
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter
- 1 sweet onion sliced thinly
- 3 tbsp sucanat
- 1 tsp molasses
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder or sprouted flour
- On a plate combine flour salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In a large dutch oven melt butter over medium high heat and brown the ribs on all sides.
- Transfer ribs to a crock pot and turn to low heat.
- Deglaze the pan with about 1/4 cup of red wine. Add remaining wine to the pan and add the sucanat, molasses, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, and chili powder. Mix until everything is well blended and dissolved.
- Pour this mixture over the ribs and cook in the crockpot on low heat for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours remove the ribs and turn the crockpot to high. Add the 2 tbsp flour or arrowroot powder and allow to cook for 10 minutes. The sauce should thicken to a nice gravy. If you need to, you can add a bit more flour if it isn’t thick enough.
- Serve over rice.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving