One of my passions is BBQ! A great BBQ requires time and patients. This dish might take a little longer, but you are well rewarded with the most delicious barbecue. I knew it would be a challenge to create a BBQ sauce without brown sugar or a ton of regular sugar. After several attempts, I came up with a delicious healthy barbecue sauce that you can use on ribs, chicken, hamburgers, and pizzas or anything else you might like barbecue sauce on!
Learn how to make the most delicious ribs you have ever tasted!
- Remove membranes from ribs.
- Cut ribs into about 3 rib sections, season with a rub of choice. If using a rub, you can leave the rub on overnight in the refrigerator for better flavor and then proceed with recipe.
- Place ribs in a large 9×13″ baking dish.
- Cover with BBQ sauce (see recipe)
- Cover with foil and refrigerate several hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and cook covered ribs at 250 degrees for 3 1/2 hours. *Note* Foil is best to lock in the steam, so be sure to tightly cover the 9×13″ pan with foil.
- After cooking time is complete, remove tin foil and place on a medium-high heat grill for 5 minutes basting the whole time. Grill until crispy on top.
- If you don’t want to grill you can remove tin foil from top and broil them for 5-10 minutes for a crispy top.
- Serving Size: 2-3 ribs
- Calories: 257.9
- Fat: 14.0g
- Carbohydrates: 24.0g
- Protein: 11.3g
Click here to watch a How-To Video-Making Your Own BBQ Ribs.