One of my passions is BBQ! A great BBQ requires time and patients. This dish might take a little longer, but you are well rewarded with the most delicious barbecue. I knew it would be a challenge to create a BBQ sauce without brown sugar or a ton of regular sugar. After several attempts, I came up with a delicious healthy barbecue sauce that you can use on ribs, chicken, hamburgers, and pizzas or anything else you might like barbecue sauce on!
Amazing Slow Cooked Organic Ribs Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours 30 mins
- Total Time: 3 hours 45 min
- Yield: 1 rack of ribs 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Baking, Grill
- Cuisine: American
Learn how to make the most delicious ribs you have ever tasted!
- 1 rack of baby back ribs
- 1 1/2 cups of favorite BBQ sauce or you can make your own (see recipe)
- dry rub (optional) (see recipe)
- Remove membranes from ribs.
- Cut ribs into about 3 rib sections, season with a rub of choice. If using a rub, you can leave the rub on overnight in the refrigerator for better flavor and then proceed with recipe.
- Place ribs in a large 9×13″ baking dish.
- Cover with BBQ sauce (see recipe)
- Cover with foil and refrigerate several hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and cook covered ribs at 250 degrees for 3 1/2 hours. *Note* Foil is best to lock in the steam, so be sure to tightly cover the 9×13″ pan with foil.
- After cooking time is complete, remove tin foil and place on a medium-high heat grill for 5 minutes basting the whole time. Grill until crispy on top.
- If you don’t want to grill you can remove tin foil from top and broil them for 5-10 minutes for a crispy top.
- Serving Size: 2-3 ribs
- Calories: 257.9
- Fat: 14.0g
- Carbohydrates: 24.0g
- Protein: 11.3g
Click here to watch a How-To Video-Making Your Own BBQ Ribs.
Inogen MacKenzie says
This isn’t vegan.
Halle Cottis says
I never said it was vegan?! I am not a vegan website. Even though not vegan as you state, it is super delicious! 🙂