- 2 pounds grass fed round steak (no thicker than 3/4 thick)
- 4 tbsp potato starch seasoned heavily with salt and pepper
- grass fed butter to brown the meat
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1–16 oz can tomato and green chilies (or 5–6 fresh tomatoes, chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1 cup water
- Cut round steak into 6 pieces.
- Tenderize steaks by using a back of a knife or a meat mallet and slightly pound each side.
- Dip meat into the seasoned potato starch and lightly coat.
- In a large skillet melt some butter over medium heat.
- Place steaks into pan and brown both sides of the meat.
- Place meat into crockpot once browned.
- Add the onions to the pan (add a little more butter if needed) and cook until slightly tender.
- Pour cooked onions over the steak in the crockpot.
- Deglaze the pan with liquid aminos and red wine.
- Pour all the tidbits that were in the pan, the wine and liquid aminos over the steak.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, and water and mix well.
- Pour this mixture over the steaks.
- Place lid on crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Serve over brown rice or spaghetti squash.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 274.6 Fat: 5.9g Carbohydrates: 17.8g Protein: 34.7g
- Serving Size: 1 serving
Grab The Whole Lifestyle Nutrition Cookbook, Real Food Made Simple for more great recipes!
Don’t have all the ingredients? No Problem! Click on links below to see about ordering these ingredients!