30 Day Gluten Free Challenge
As promised, I will share my gluten free recipes throughout the challenge. This gluten free toasted quinoa salad recipe is just one of the many recipes that I have made.
Did you see my gluten free pasta recipe? It is so easy to make and oh my, is it ever amazing!
Gluten Free Toasted Quinoa Salad Recipe
So today I am sharing a simple, yet delicious, summer salad with you. Doesn’t this look amazing?
There are some different combinations of flavors that you wouldn’t typically think to put together, but they really work. How about strawberries, avocado, fresh corn off of the cob, lime juice, and quinoa.
I know, sounds odd. but trust me, the flavors in this dish will blow you away! So are you ready to make this? It is super easy and makes for a delicious lunch!
Nutritional Information: Calories: 380 Fat: 23.3g Carbs: 39.4g Protein: 8.0g
- In a large french skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add dry quinoa and allow the quinoa to toast until slightly brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and reduce heat to low and put the lid on and cook for 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and done.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in cilantro, corn, juice of 2 limes and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and stir well.
- Gently fold in the strawberries and avocado and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 serving