I don’t know about you, but I have so many vegetables coming out of my garden right now that I just don’t know what to do with them all! Check out this harvest that I picked out of my garden during one night last week. That is a lot of veggies, isn’t it? Some of you might think that I have a huge garden to get all of these wonderful veggies, but I do not. You would be very surprised how much you can grow in just a very little space. I have (2) 4’x4′ beds and one 4’x12″ inch bed. The picture shown above all came out of one of my 4’x4′ bed. If you are interested in starting your own garden in very little space, feel free to read my article How To Start An Organic Garden.
So just what was I to do with all of these vegetables? How about making some homemade ratatouille! When I told my girls that I was making some ratatouille, they immediately thought of this!
How cute was the movie Ratatouille? If you haven’t seen it, you need to rent it. What a cute movie, one of my girls’ favorites! In this movie, they win over the food critic with the best ratatouille recipe that he has ever tasted. Of course, there is so much more to the movie, but I don’t want to spoil it for you 🙂
So you can imagine that my girls were quite excited to see what ratatouille really tasted like. I had some big shoes to fill for sure. Well, I am quite thrilled that my girls loved this recipe and said that I can make it again anytime I want. Yeah (just love getting my girls to eat their veggies)! So head out to your garden, or to the nearest farmers market, and try this delicious recipe! Oh and don’t forget to check out this cuter than ever movie too!
Try this amazing homemade ratatouille recipe with all the wonderful vegetables that are coming out of your garden!
- 1/4 cup grass fed butter
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 1” cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash, chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch chuncks
- 1 pound fresh sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- Heat butter in the sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 additional minute.
- Add all of the remaining vegetables (except tomatoes) and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until crisp and tender.
- Add tomatoes and simmer slowly until tomatoes are softened and create juice (about 10 minutes).
- Add basil, thyme, salt and pepper and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 cup