Well we all know that summer is in full swing and OH MY is it hot down here in Florida, let me tell ya!
So to cool us off a tad, I thought I’d share with you a delicious and refreshing new series of posts on homemade popsicles!
Oh, can you imagine the possibilities? So let me tell you the first one up to bat….
Homemade Popsicles — Strawberry Orange Mango!
So how many times have you seen kids in the neighborhood enjoying a frozen treat? I know my girls love them!
This peaked my curiosity on finding ways for adults to enjoy these tasty treats too.
For the first creation, I chose a smoothie inspired popsicle, one of my favorite morning smoothies, strawberry orange mango.
And If You Really Want To Make Them An Adult Treat…
…add some alcohol! Yep, you read that right, can you imagine these treats with a little coconut rum, or a little raspberry vodka or even some peach schnapps?
Yay, I can promise you that you will be the hit of any summer BBQ with a spiked treat for the adults! 😉
I have added an adaptation to these homemade popsicles in the notes in the recipe below on how much alcohol to add to your tasty summer adult treat.
That’s not to say that you need to use alcohol, you certainly can cater to kids and adults alike without alcohol and everyone will love them!
You Don’t Need Much…
To start making your own popsicles, you don’t need much.
I find that using frozen organic fruit is much more reasonably priced than fresh fruit. Just leave the frozen fruits on the counter for a few hours and you are good to go.
So let’s make these already! They are super easy to make and taste amazing!
This strawberry orange mango is a great summer treat!
- 2 cups strawberries (if frozen, allow them to thaw out slightly)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 4 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 orange
- 1 cup mango (if frozen, allow them to thaw out slightly)
- 3/4 – 1 1/4 cup water as needed to thin out the fruit puree
- In a blender, mix the strawberries, coconut milk orange, and maple syrup. Blend until well blended. If it is thick, add enough water to make it a pourable liquid. Place into a container with a pour spout.
- Rinse blender and add the mango. Blend until thin, add water if needed. Pour into a container with a pour spout.
- Pull out your popsicle molds and pour a layer of the strawberry mixture 1/3 full. Add the cover and insert the wooden sticks and place into the freezer for 1 to 1-1/2 hour or until frozen.
- Remove from freezer and add a layer of the mango. Fill another 1/3 of the way up, place the lid back on and return to freezer for another 1 to 1-1/2 hour or until frozen.
- For the final step remove the popsicles from the freezer and pour another layer of the strawberry mixture, filling this time, all the way to the top. Place the lid on and return back to the freezer for another 1 to 1-1/2 hour or until frozen.
- To remove popsicles place the bottom of the popsicle mold into some warm water for about 30 seconds or until the popsicles easily slide out of the molds. Eat immediately.
If you are wanting an adult “boozy” popsicle, try adding 5 oz of coconut rum to the strawberry mixture.