Spring Is Right Around The Corner!
March is right around the corner and there are a few foods that sing spring to me! Lamb, kale, and cilantro are just a few of my favorite foods to eat in the spring.
I am super excited to dig out of this snow (I only have about a foot on the ground at this time) and getting a glimpse of fresh tasting fruits and vegetables is enough to send me into a severe case of spring fever! How about you…are you itching to dive into some warmer weather?
Spring is about new life and starting fresh. It is a time to rejuvenate yourself and is a chance to reclaim (if you fell off the wagon over the winter) your health.
Our Spring Series
So I thought we could dive into spring together. Starting in March we have a great group of contributors that are starting to write for Whole Lifestyle Nutrition.
I will send an official post out introducing you all to them in the next few days. They are an amazing group of people, I am super excited to have them join our team!
For the whole month of March our topic will be Breaking Into Spring! Here are a few of the topics that we will be covering:
- Spring Cleaning The Body & Detoxing Tips
- How To Start Your Own Balcony Garden
- A Spring Recipe ~ Soaked Strawberry Baked Oatmeal
- A Spring Outdoor Workout Routine
- Seeking Out Spring Events In “Your City”
- Early Spring Soupe au Pistou (Seasonal Vegetable Soup with Pistou)
- How To Grow Seeds Out Of Eggshells
So come one come all…Lets get this party started and bring in the new season together!
A Spring Recipe For You
Since I have such a mad case of spring fever, I thought I would share with you all this delicious early spring recipe from our Meal Plan Members Site. Sign up for a free trial today to our members site. We are always cooking in season!
It is still cold for many of us…so the soup is still very fitting. Some delicious lamb, bits of kale make up this delicious, easy lamb stew. Enjoy!
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery with leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2-3 cups packed kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1-6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups chicken stock (preferably homemade)
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onions, celery and carrots and cook for 7 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add lamb and red pepper to mixture and brown for 5-7 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, cumin, bay leaf, black pepper and salt and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste and kale, stir and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes then remove bay leaf and serve.
Share Your Thoughts
What are some of your favorite spring foods?
Do you have any favorite activities that you like to do to bring in the spring?
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Whole Lifestyle Nutrition is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.