So the next time you have a recipe that calls for a can of condensed cream of chicken/mushroom soup, pull out this recipe and make your own. It will take you less then 5 minutes to prepare and is so much healthier and tastier then those store bought brands.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 568.2 Fat: 38.7g Carbohydrates: 33.9g Protein: 21.3g
- 1 cup homemade stockor organic chicken stock
- 3 tbsp melted grass fed butter
- 2 ounces finely diced cooked chicken pieces (make pieces very small). If making cream of mushroom, omit chicken and add 1/2 cup of sautéed mushrooms cut into small pieces.
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp of potato flour
- 1 tbsp raw milk/ or fresh coconut milk, see recipe
- 1 tbsp full fat greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp of poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- In a bowl add chicken stock (stock doesn’t need to be heated) and potato flour.
- You might want to sift the potato flour in so you don’t get lumps.
- Add melted butter, milk, greek yogurt, poultry seasoning, unrefined sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Whisk very well.
- Stir in chicken.
- Use to replace cream of chicken or cream of mushroom in recipes.
- Recipe is equivalent to 1 store bought can.
Grab The Whole Lifestyle Nutrition Cookbook, Real Food Made Simple for more great recipes!
Don’t have all the ingredients? No problem! Click on links below to see about purchasing these product.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Whole Lifestyle Nutrition is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.