For quite some time I have been working on creating a delicious gluten and grain free sandwich bread. Well I think I finally have come up with the most perfect recipe to compliment any sandwich. This bread is not as dense as an all coconut flour loaf and has a nice sweetness to it. You can toast and put some jam or honey on it or my favorite way to enjoy it is to take 2 slices of bread top it with some turkey and a little raw cheese, leave it open faced and put it in the toaster oven until the cheese is melted and turkey is heated through. Enjoy!
Nutrition Info: Calories: 236.8 Fat: 19.5g Carbohydrates: 9.9g Protein: 8.2g
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup organic unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- With a mixer blend together coconut oil (cooled), eggs, honey, and applesauce.
- In another bowl combine coconut flour, almond flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add these dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a heavily greased glass 5x9 loaf pan or two mini loaf pans.
- Bake for 40 minutes for mini loafs and 50-55 minutes for one large loaf pan, or until the center comes out clean with a toothpick.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.