For quite some time I have been working on creating a delicious gluten and grain free sandwich bread. Well I think I finally have come up with the most perfect recipe to compliment any sandwich. This bread is not as dense as an all coconut flour loaf and has a nice sweetness to it. You can toast and put some jam or honey on it or my favorite way to enjoy it is to take 2 slices of bread top it with some turkey and a little raw cheese, leave it open faced and put it in the toaster oven until the cheese is melted and turkey is heated through. Enjoy!
Nutrition Info: Calories: 236.8 Fat: 19.5g Carbohydrates: 9.9g Protein: 8.2g
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup organic unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- With a mixer blend together coconut oil (cooled), eggs, honey, and applesauce.
- In another bowl combine coconut flour, almond flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add these dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a heavily greased glass 5x9 loaf pan or two mini loaf pans.
- Bake for 40 minutes for mini loafs and 50-55 minutes for one large loaf pan, or until the center comes out clean with a toothpick.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated. AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Whole Lifestyle Nutrition is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.