I am always looking for a healthy grab and go snack! Earlier this month, I posted a delicious Cinnamon & Honey Nut Crunch Cereal recipe and this recipe is a spin off of that recipe. For this specific recipes, I added some dried cranberries. You could add so many different ingredients to customize these granola bars to your liking.
I like to add a little peanut butter and then drizzle some chocolate over the top. I also think that coconut would taste amazing in these granola bars! What combinations would you mix together to create your own favorite flavors?
I like to wrap these granola bars in a little parchment paper and then tie them off with some twine. They make the cutest gift ever! Just put them in a nice tin and you have a delicious and yummy gift to give to your friends and family!
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal/flour (I grind my own almonds in my coffee grinder for a fine grind)
- 1/2 cup pecan meal/flour (I grind my own pecans in my coffee grinder for a fine grind)
- 2 tbsp packed coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 tsp of unrefined sea salt (taste and adjust to desired taste)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- 1 cup raw milk, organic milk or fresh coconut milk
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Mix together the almond meal, pecan meal, coconut flour, cinnamon, sea salt and baking soda.
- In a small bowl mix together milk, honey, and vanilla.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and stir well.
- Stir in dried cranberries.
- Allow mixture to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Stir lightly one more time and then place this mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with ungreased parchment paper. Pat out into a thin layer and form into individual bars.
- If you have a dehydrator, you can use your tray made for fruit leather. You will have to flip it over half way through the cooking time.
- Cook at 165 F for 10-18 hours. At the five hour mark, I usually flip them over. If you are using your oven at your lowest setting, you might have to reduce the time. Cook until the granola bars are completely dry.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
- Serving Size: 1 granola bar