There is nothing I enjoy more than enjoying a yummy plate of fresh crepes! Crepes are very thin pancakes that you fill with a filling of your choice. For this recipe, I stuffed mine with greek yogurt and raw honey and sliced strawberries. Some of my favorite toppings are cottage cheese and blueberries, spinach, bacon and mushrooms, yogurt and fruit, peanut butter and jelly (yes, this can be done in a healthy way :-)), homemade chocolate pudding with freshly cut bananas, there are so many possibilities to play with!
I wanted to make a healthier version of the classic crepe recipe. This is that recipe. I replaced the all purpose flour with Organic, Sprouted Wheat Flour. If you haven’t read my article on Why Sprouted Flour is Healthy For You, you can read it here. Next I changed the refined sugar out with Organic Sucanat, Dehydrated Cane Juice. This is unrefined sugar and has not been processed the way table sugar has. Of course I always use organic eggs from my local farmer which gives these crepes their beautiful color. I just love those super golden yolks! Finally, depending on your preference, I used raw milk, organic milk or fresh coconut milk!
So the next time you are looking for a quick, simple recipe (yes, they really are quite simple) try this recipe. One more thing I wanted to note, I cooked these crepes in my All-Clad Stainless 10-Inch Fry Pan that I seasoned and it worked beautifully! If you haven’t had an opportunity to view my video on How to Season a Stainless Steel Pan So It Doesn’t Stick you can do so here! I did not use any butter to cook these crepes in, the seasoned pan was naturally non stick!
This is the best organic crepe recipe! Perfect for breakfast or brunch.
- Mix all of the ingredients together and blend in a blender or with a stick blender for 30-45 seconds or until bubbles form on top of the batter. The batter will be very thin. This is normal.
- Allow batter to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Preheat stainless steel pan on medium heat for 2 minutes. If needed you can add a little butter after you preheat your pan or you can just season your stainless steel pan so it doesn’t stick.
- Add 1/3 cup of batter to your heated pan and swirl around so that the batter is evenly distributed. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Gently pull the sides away from pan with a rubber spatula and flip over and cook for another 30-45 seconds. The first one might be a practice one and that is fine. You will get the hang of it quickly.
- Continue until batter is all gone.
Recipe inspired by marthastewart.com
- Serving Size: 1 crepe