A Delightful Mixed Berry Crisp Recipe
Oh, how I love a warm dish of berry crisp! Most berry crisps are loaded with gluten and grains but not this recipe! And…I promise you will be going back for seconds, this recipe is that good!
I feature one recipe in this post that really gives this crisp that crunch you so desire. It is my gluten free grain free cinnamon nut crunch cereal, have you seen it?
If you haven’t made my homemade cereal yet, you are in for a terrific treat! Once you make it, you will have the topping for this berry crisp recipe and can enjoy it in more ways than one! Enjoy!
- 4 cups frozen organic mixed berries
- 3 tbsp unrefined coconut sugar – you can buy it here
- 1 1/2 tsp potato starch – you can buy it here
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 cups cinnamon honey nut crunch cereal – get recipe here
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg – you can buy it here
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar – you can buy it here
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee melted – you can buy it here
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine frozen berries and toss them with the coconut sugar, cinnamon and potato starch.
- Place berry mixture into a greased (I used coconut oil) 9×9 inch square pan or greased individual ramekins.
- In another bowl combine the cereal (cut up into smaller pieces), nutmeg and sugar, stir and set aside.
- Place berry mixture into oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add cereal mixture and drizzle the melted butter over the top.
- Bake for another 5 minutes or until the topping starts to slightly toast.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
Pin It For Later