Who Doesn’t Love A Great Bowl of Chili?
It’s that time of year, the cooler weather is coming and our cravings for a warm bowl of chili hit is all at once.
Chili is like BBQ — Everyone thinks theirs is the best! Go ahead, claim it now…do you have the BEST chili out there?
I’d like to think that mine is pretty darn good. So why not dive into this recipe and let me know what you think! 😉
- 1 pound grass fed ground beef
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter
- 4 cups organic chopped tomatoes (If tomatoes are out of season, you could also use 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes and 1 15 oz can of tomato sauce to replace the fresh tomatoes)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 large organic onion, chopped
- 3 cloves organic garlic, minced
- ½ tsp unrefined sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 can organic black beans, not drained
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2-3 tsp ground cumin (adjust to taste)
- Melt butter in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Saute onions for about 5 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Add garlic and ground beef and brown the beef for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and put the lid on and reduce heat to a slow simmer.
- Simmer for at least an hour.
- Serve hot with a dollop of greek yogurt or sour cream.
Want to Save This For Later?
Click The Image To Pin It For Later, Or you can Pin It Here!