For several years now I have not had any cold cereal for breakfast. Why is that you might ask? Well, I believe that 95-99% of the cereals out there today are simply just junk! Most cereals are loaded with sugar and all sorts of other ingredients that shouldn’t be consumed by any of us. I miss being able to crunch my teeth into some delicious cereal that is dripping in ice cold milk. I also miss the connivence of being able to pull out a bowl and grabbing some cereal right off the shelf for a nice and quick breakfast. If you aren’t familiar with my style, I oftentimes find something that I want that isn’t necessarily healthy for me. I never let that stop me! I simply set out to figure a way to create it using much healthier ingredients with an emphasis on focusing on organic and whole food ingredients.
That brings us to this amazing recipe! I am super excited to have created a delicious cereal! It is made with wholesome ingredients and will literally take less than five minutes to whip up. This recipe requires you to dehydrate the cereal in an oven or a dehydrator overnight. Once the cereal is done you will have the crunchiest cereal that will even be crunchy after you pour your milk over it! Oh and did I mention that it is full of protein and is gluten free, grain free, GAPs, Paleo and Primal? I think you all are going to love this recipe, I know I sure do!
Nutritional Information: Serving Size: 2/3 cup Calories: 349 Fat: 25.5g Carbohydrates: 22.3g Protein: 12.1g
- 2 cups almond flour/meal - I just ground up some of my soaked crispy almonds in my coffee grinder.
- 2 cups pecan flour/meal - I just ground up some of my soaked crispy pecans in my coffee grinder. Note, you can use all almond flour if you want, I just liked the taste of pecan flour with it, but both variations taste amazing!
- 1/4 cup packed coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 2 cup raw milk, organic whole milk or coconut milk
- 1/3 cup raw honey, slightly melted or heated. You could also use grade b maple syrup.
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven onto lowest setting. If using a dehydrator, dehydrate at 165 F.
- Mix together almond flour, pecan flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
- Use a wire whisk to stir the ingredients together.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together milk, honey and vanilla extract.
- Stir milk mixture into the nut mixture and mix well. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir lightly one more time and then place this mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with un-greased parchment paper. Pat out into a thin layer.
- If you have a dehydrator, you can use your tray made for fruit leather. You will have to flip it over half way through the cooking time.
- Cook for 10 hours. At the five hour mark I usually break up the pieces a bit and try to flip them over. This in not absolutely necessary though.
- Once your done cooking the cereal, allow to cool completely. Then break into small pieces or place larger chunks into plastic bag and use a meat hammer to break into smaller pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
Recipe Inspired by Deliciously Organic.
This post was featured on Monday Mania,Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Meatless Monday, Homestead Barn Hop, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Hearth & Soul Hop, Traditional Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Simple Lives Thursday, Eat Make Grow, Full Plate Thursday, Creative Juice Thursday,Keeping it Real Thursday, Pennywise Platter Thursday,Fresh Bites Friday, Freaky Friday, Fight Back Friday, Fill Those Jars Friday, Fit and Fabulous Friday, Gluten Free FridayPAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Your support keeps this blog running and is greatly appreciated.