Welcome to another edition of Family Friendly Fridays! The other day my girls asked, “Mom, when are we going to do another Family Friendly Friday post?” We had a little break from Family Friendly Fridays over the summer but we are back in full swing now! For those of you who are new to Family Friendly Fridays, this is a place where my girls and I share family friendly, kid approved healthy recipes!
We have had some wonderful editions of Family Friendly Fridays! Here are a few of our favorite ones!
So here is our recipe for this week! Gluten free & grain free chocolate chip cookies that everyone will love! Happy Friday everyone!
Gluten free & grain free chocolate chip cookies that everyone will love!
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup grass fed butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/2–1 cup chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life Semi Sweet chocolate mini chips which are dairy, nut and soy free)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- With a Kitchen Aid or electric mixer blend together butter, coconut oil, organic cane sugar, raw honey, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Blend until well combined (about 2 minutes). In a separate bowl combine almond flour, baking soda and unrefined sea salt. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and blend until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place a rounded spoonful (about 1 inch) onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Info Calories: 143.6 Fat: 11.3g Carbohydrates: 9.4g Protein: 3.4g
- Serving Size: 1 cookie